Bible Study held each Wednesday at 12noon and 7pm
II Timothy 2:15 (MSG)
Repeat these basic essentials over and over to God’s people. Warn them before God against pious nitpicking, which chips away at the faith. It just wears everyone out. Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won’t be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple. Stay clear of pious talk that is only talk. Words are not mere words, you know. If they’re not backed by a godly life, they accumulate as poison in the soul.
Held every Saturday morning at 10am.
Men's Class - Jackson Fellowship Hall
Women's Class - Music Room
Sunday School in person every Sunday at 9am in the sanctuary.
Worship every Sunday morning starting at 10:15 am (EST).
Bible Study each Wednesday at 12noon and 7pm (EST)
Each Monday morning at 9:00 am you can
tune in to 1240 AM WLLV (Louisville, Kentucky) to listen to our weekly
radio broadcast of service.
Each Sunday morning at 10:15 am (EST) Pastor Shaw will bring the WORD via Facebook live on the church's Facebook page at:
You can request to be friends with the page to receive the most recent updates and Sunday morning sermons. Be sure to share with others about the broadcast and also consider hosting a watch party as well, that way you can invite others for a virtual "Friendship" Sunday.
- Facebook Live: "What He's Already Done For Us" https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=506393453969699&ref=search
- Facebook Live: "It's Not About Us" https://www.facebook.com/pleasantviewlouisville/videos/1205397766568322
- Facebook Live: "Why Was Jesus Asleep?" Speaker: Min. James Mathis https://www.facebook.com/201598003197957/videos/768197993862768
- Facebook Live: "Stay Strong" Graduate Sunday Guest: Dr. Robert Gunn W.E. B. DuBois Academy Lou. KY https://www.facebook.com/pleasantviewlouisville/videos/581766296544803
- Facebook Live: "What We Can Learn From A Beggar" https://www.facebook.com/pleasantviewlouisville/videos/1023302754741028 https://www.facebook.com/pleasantviewlouisville/videos/281793286728042
- The Foundation of the Church - Sunday, September 5, 2021
- A Guide for Rebuilding the Church - Sunday, September 12, 2021 https://www.facebook.com/pleasantviewlouisville/videos/543495510072843
- Rebuilding An Excellent Church - Sunday, September 27, 2021
- Sunday, October 16th we will celebrate our 118th church anniversary. Sunday school at 9am. Morning Worship at 1015am. The guest preacher for the morning will be Rev. Stephen D. Smith. He is the pastor of Portland Memorial Baptist Church. We we invite you to come worship with us.
- Sunday, October 30th is our Hallelujah Sunday/Fall Community Festival. Come dressed in your best Hallelujah costume. A prize will be given to the person with the best costume. There will be food trucks on site, bouncy houses for the kids and much more!
- Friendship Sunday every 4th Sunday of each month! Everyone is invited to come and worship with the Pleasant View Family! Everyone bring someone! (Family, Friend, Co-Worker, neighborhood kids! Let's fill the sanctuary and have a praise party!
- Bible Study is held every Wednesday at 12 noon and 7pm! Masks are still required until further notice.
- Deacon ministry meeting - every Saturday at 11am- will resume Saturday, April 2nd
- Worship with us each Sunday morning at 1015am. The Facebook live broadcast will continue on the Pleasant View Missionary Baptist Church website https://www.facebook.com/pleasantviewlouisville.
- Face Masks are optional for in-person service.
- Each Monday morning radio broadcast at 9:00am local channel WLLV 1240.
- Each Saturday morning from 10:00-11:00am men's fellowship & bible study in the conference room. Women's fellowship in the Music room.
- Sunday school now in person, every Sunday morning at 9am. All classes will meet in the sanctuary. Masks are required for everyone!
- Sunday School Teacher's meeting every 1st Saturday of the month at 9am.
- If your contact information has changed, please contact the church to update your information.
During these difficult times for everyone, please call the church or email you prayer request to be added to the church in service emails. You can also submit your request from the church's website at:
or in private message on Facebook. If you are requesting the support of your family Deacon, please indicate that within your message.
Listed on each Church in service email sent out from the secretary, you will find community
information and resources to utilized during these difficult times. The
email links, and flyers are provided so that you will have the contact
information for the various agencies and businesses and the most updated
information to assist you in your time on need. Should you need
assistance with something not listed, please contact the church office at 502-778-7571
Type the content for this list item here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this list item. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section.